There are many ways to become involved and serve the Havurah community. Whether you choose to volunteer, become a member or make a financial contribution your participation is appreciated.
Membership and donations are a vital part of our annual budget and help to ensure Havurat Ee Shalom’s presence on Vashon Island. Our year begins and ends about September (at Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year). Havurat Ee Shalom (also called the Vashon Havurah) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization; all contributions and membership dues are fully tax deductible.
Dues are entirely self-assessed, meaning dues of any amount are welcome, and all financial information is confidential. Active members give $500 to $1,000 a year. You can view a suggested “Fair Share” membership dues schedule here.
To become a member or to make a tribute, memorial or honor gift, simply mail your donation to:
HES at PO Box 89, Vashon Island, WA 98070.
You can now also choose to Pay Online!
Honor special people and occasions.
Donations can be made in honor of any and all of the following:
New baby or grandchild
Tribute, memorial and gift donations will be acknowledged in our newsletter and on our website. Be sure to include the purpose of your donation in your correspondence.
More ways to contribute:
1. Click the Donate button below.
2. The secure payment page will provide options for how you would like your donation applied. For example:
• general fund (where most needed)
• building fund
• membership contribution
3. You will also be able to tell us the purpose of your donation. For example:
• in honor of a friend or relative
• in memory of a friend or relative, or marking a Yahrzeit
Not ready to contribute online?
Send us a check!
To become a member, make a contribution, or to make a tribute or memorial gift, mail your check to:
Havurat Ee Shalom
PO Box 89
Vashon Island, WA 98070
Please indicate on your check or in a note the purpose of your donation and if it is for a specific campaign.
For more information about membership, or to talk about getting involved with Havurah committees, please send an email to:
We appreciate your support and welcome your participation!
Membership dues are entirely self-assessed, meaning dues of any amount are welcome, and all financial information is confidential. Havurat Ee Shalom (also called the Vashon Havurah) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization; all contributions and membership dues are fully tax deductible. Active members give $500 to $1,000 a year (no one is denied membership for financial reasons). You can view suggested “Fair Share” membership dues schedule by clicking the Fair Share Link.
1% Rebate at Thriftway
Did you know you can financially support the Havurah by simply shopping at Thriftway?
That’s right! Thriftway gives 1% of sales to non-profit organizations. All you have to do is save your receipts and write your name and phone number on the back. Make it a regular habit. Directions are below.
We strongly encourage everyone, no matter how small the purchase, to participate in this project!
How to Participate:
1. Print name and phone number on back of each receipt.
2. Receipts must not be older than a year at time of turning in.
3. Only Vashon Island Thriftway receipts are currently being collected for the Havurah. (The IGA has developed a receipts for non-profits program and a new receipts coordinator can look into it.)
4. Receipts can be turned in at Emma Amiad’s office in town.